This is a fantastic opportunity to join a close-knit, engaging Accountancy Practice. Reporting directly into the two Directors, you will be dealing with a broad range of clients in a portfolio that you will take entire ownership of. Also, you will lead and mentor Trainee Accountants, whilst ensuring that you are going above and beyond for your clients.
Please note candidates can be considered on a part-time (minimum 25 hours) or full-time basis.
Practice Accountant Responsibilities
As a Practice Accountant, your duties will include:
- Managing a portfolio of clients, leading client meetings, advising clients
- Preparation and review of quarterly, monthly and yearly Statutory accounts, Management accounts, Corporation Tax, VAT and Personal Tax
- Carrying out audits
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships with new and established clients, handling day to day enquiries and queries
- Working and liaising with other members of the team as necessary to provide high-quality client support
- Training and coaching Trainee Accountants, supporting and reviewing their work
Practice Accountant Experience
To be considered for this role you will be an experienced Accountant, having had previous experience working within a UK practice.
In addition, you will ideally be ACCA/ACA qualified or equivalent, however part qualified candidates will also be considered.
As you will be liaising with clients regularly, it is essential you have excellent communication skills, enjoy going above and beyond, whilst demonstrating extensive knowledge of current UK accounting standards.
Practice Accountant Rewards
Alongside a competitive salary, our client also offers:
- 20 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays. You will receive an additional day of annual leave each year, up to a maximum of 25 days
- Generous pension contribution
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Working from home options
Based in a rural location close to Bicester, it is essential you are able to drive and have access to your own vehicle.
Our client is a small, innovative practice. Well established and growing, they have a fresh, positive approach to work with collaboration at their core.