We have registered an appealing and varied role for a true HR Generalist seeking work in a welcoming, rewarding and hugely interesting sector.
Working in a standalone capacity, this role will be office based, and will require a candidate with dedicated and proven exposure throughout the whole employee lifecycle, from recruitment, through to offer stage and onboarding, employee relations, payroll support and database management.
If you excel in an autonomous role, where you are responsible for the HR function and the incumbent administration, this could be the ideal role for you! Please note; this is a full time role, 45 hours per week.
HR Officer Responsibilities
As the HR Officer, your duties will include:
- Recruitment for all staff, from advert to offer stage
- Induction and onboarding
- Holiday and absence monitoring
- Employee relations queries and management
- Liaison with external lawyers when required
- Training coordination and administration
- All HR administration, from obtaining references, through to raising contracts and other essential documentation
- Maintaining the HRIS accurately
- Payroll support
HR Officer Experience
- To be considered for this role, you will be a dedicated HR professional, with proven generalist experience.
- Although not essential, any relevant HR qualifications would be a bonus. You must be confident in your understanding of UK employment law and know when to escalate issues beyond your remit.
- The ability to communicate effectively and professionally will be essential for this role – you will be working with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Exceptional attention to detail and an organised mindset will ensure none of the administrative tasks are overlooked. Many of the processes are quite onerous, so you should be content with this.
- You will be confidential, resilient, and commercial in your approach, willing to assist your colleagues proactively and positively.
- Excellent IT skills and a proficiency with MS Office and the Google suite will be important.
HR Officer Rewards
In return for your commitment and industriousness, you will benefit from a range of excellent benefits, including 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
Based in Abingdon, OX13, there is onsite parking available.
Dedicated to their mission, all staff foster an engaging and enthusiastic company ethos.
This is truly a worthwhile organisation to join. If offered the position, you will be subject to a DBS check – please only apply if you are comfortable with this.