Graduate Office Administrator/Office Manager Responsibilities:
Some of your main responsibilities will include;
- providing a positive, proactive, ‘hands on' approach to all tasks.
- creating orders/liaison externally and internally
- managing invoices/receipts/emails
- daily pushing and chasing of suppliers.
- managing logistics
- taking care of the workshop/office.
Graduate Office Administrator/Office Manager Experience
The role will include various administrative and customer service related tasks to support the team. You will also take ownership of running and managing the office and, in time, improving policies, procedures and processes. Therefore, our client is looking for someone with excellent administration skills and experience providing support within a team. You will be organised, proactive, unflappable, flexible and fun. You may have previous administrative experience and looking for that next step up or, indeed, be a highly capable graduate with industry experience looking for your first professional step. A passion for cars would be ideal!
Our client takes massive pride in providing a first-class support service to visitors at their organisation – you must also be keen to ensure their guests leave the premises feeling supported and looked after! Experience in a commercial environment is preferred but not essential.
Graduate Office Administrator/Manager Rewards
As the Graduate Office Administrator/Office Manager you will benefit from:
- Auto enrolment pension scheme
- 23 days holiday + Christmas Shutdown (normally 3 days between Christmas and New Year) + 8 Bank Holidays
- Life Assurance - 4 times salary
- Free lunches, heathy snacks and refreshments provided
Based in West London, W3, there are many local amenities of note close by. The office is modern, open plan and cool. It is most accessed via the Overground and Central lines.
Our client is an exciting tech start-up who works alongside recognised industry leaders to produce innovative and inspiring products and deliver exceptional service.
Company hours will typically be 9.00 am – 5.30 pm. There will be a degree of flexibility with the working hours as long as 7.5 hours per day is adhered to. There may be some change on days where the team needs support with events.