Accountant/Bookkeeper – Oxford – Salary £28,000 - £32,000 - ref: 20607
We have a fantastic and varied opportunity for an organised and self-motivated finance professional who enjoys working within a small and close-knit team. This full-time Accountant/ Bookkeeper role has been vacant for a few months and is waiting for the perfect person to join the team and take ownership of the finances in a standalone finance capacity reporting directly to the Owner/ Director of the hotel.
Our client is looking for an experienced Accountant/ Bookkeeper to manage the day-to-day finances and payroll using SAGE finance software.
A finance qualification is preferred but they will consider applications from people who are qualified by experience and can hit the ground running with a can-do attitude. This role would suit a team-player who likes to get stuck in. No 2 days are the same in this role.
- Processing payroll
- Accounts Receivables duties
- Daily banking, reconciliation, invoicing and expenses
- Balancing and maintaining accurate ledgers
- Preparing journals, financial statements, profit and loss and balance sheet accounts
- Preparing quarterly VAT Returns
- Supporting the company director
- Dealing with supplier queries
- Liaising with external accountants
It is essential that the successful candidate has:
- Excellent IT skills with working knowledge of SAGE accounting software
- Previous experience of working as an Accountant, managing the day-to-day finances of a business
- A finance qualification is highly desirable but those who are highly qualified by experience will be considered
- Ability to manage own workload and meet financial deadlines
- Confidence using Microsoft Office platform, Excel, Word, Powerpoint
- An ability to ensure quality of work, professionalism and take responsibility for tasks
- An understanding of financial and operational processes and tasks such as preparing monthly financial statements, profit & loss and balance sheet accounts as well as managing payroll
Working within this family run business, you will take ownership of the financial and management accounts and liaise with external accountants for assistance or queries. You will work closely with the Owner and have full responsibility for your own workload and ensuring compliance and deadlines are maintained.
Based in Oxford (Ox2), there is on-site parking available. The standard hours are 9:00am - 5.00pm or 8:30am – 4:00pm. This is a full-time, 100% office-based role. No remote working and so please ensure you can reach the location before applying.
Our client is in the hospitality industry.