This is an exceptional opportunity for an intelligent, self-driven and ambitious Finance Administrator to join a market leading company in Central Oxford. This a brand-new permanent role within a growing Finance team, to assist the Finance Manager and the Finance Executive with bookkeeping, accountancy and administrative tasks.
This is a varied role and will involve answering international client queries via telephone and email, so excellent communication skills are key.
Finance Assistant Responsibilities
This position will involve, but will not be limited to:
- Using and maintaining the SAP Business finance system
- Raising invoices and sending them out to clients, raising Purchase Orders
- Coordinating staff expense claims and monitoring petty cash
- Maintaining spreadsheets and Bank Reconciliations
- Dealing with customer queries
The Finance Assistant must be prepared to work as part of a team and assist or carry out other duties as requested during periods of high workloads, sickness, holidays and emergencies.
Finance Assistant Experience Essentials
- Knowledge and experience of MS Office, especially Outlook, Word and Excel
- Strong communication and organisational skills and good attention to detail
- Excellent Customer service skills, especially when dealing with customers in writing and on the phone
- Proven ability to take initiative and work independently
- Some bookkeeping experience with SAP or similar finance software is desirable, however full training will be provided
- AAT qualification desirable (any level or currently studying) but not essential
Finance Assistant Rewards
As well as the opportunity for progression and training for a candidate looking to advance their finance career, benefits include but are not limited to; a discretionary annual Bonus, Pension, Private Health Insurance, Monthly Socials, Summer and Christmas party events
Our client is easily accessible via public transport and is based in Central Oxford (OX1)
Our worldwide client has benefitted from rapid growth over the past few years whilst still maintaining the core, small-company values. The culture of the business is one that supports personal and professional development in any area that someone is inspired by.
They are seeking a self-starter who enjoys responsibility and likes to get involved, with excellent opportunities for training and growth.
This is a predominately an office-based role, with working hours from 09.00am to 5:30pm, Monday to Friday, with an hour for lunch.