Head of Operations and Finance – Oxfordshire – Salary £45591 – Ref: 20786
Head of Operations and Finance
We have recently registered an exciting new role for an experienced Operations and Finance Manager to join our client – a crucial and rewarding charity - in a senior leadership position. In this role the successful candidate will be responsible for enabling the services for the charity across Finance, HR, Fundraising, Premises, Health & Safety, GDPR and IT, ensuring that they position themselves to be financially sustainable, adaptable and responsive to external factors and as an employer of choice.
You will have proven experience in a similar senior level operations and finance role, with an appropriate professional accountancy qualification and preferably employment law knowledge. You will be flexible, enthusiastic, and preferably from a charity accounting background or an SME or start up business. You will have previous experience of managing a team, developing operational infrastructure, leading financial planning, and overseeing HR in a varied and hands-on role.
Head of Operations and Finance Responsibilities
As the Head of Operations and Finance some of your duties will include:
- Managing a team of 8 with 4 direct reports
- Working in collaboration with the CEO to shape the strategic direction of the charity
- Monitoring the financial health of the charity
- Creating monthly management accounts
- Leading on the financial planning and annual budget setting
- Line managing the Fundraising Manager and supporting them to implement the fundraising strategy
- Managing complex projects
- Leading on IT such as procurement and implementation of systems
- Managing policies, processes and systems around compliance including GDPR, DBS, safeguarding and HR
- Overseeing maintenance and facilities management
Head of Operations and Finance Experience
To be successful in this role, you will be a qualified accountant with several years’ post qualification experience in a similar senior level role. You will have strong and proven leadership and motivational skills, excellent team management and communication skills, and be a self-motivated, enthusiastic professional with a flexible and hands-on approach to work. You will ideally, come from a charity accounting background with experience of leading on the audit process for a charity with a strong understanding of the challenges facing the third sector.
Head of Operations and Finance Rewards
Our client is a values-driven team and this is a very exciting period of growth for the business and an exciting time to be part of the team.
Our client is located in Oxfordshire. This role is a hybrid role with some office and some home-based working. There will be a requirement to visit other sites in the Oxfordshire area and so you must be able to drive and have your own car. Free on-site parking available.
The charity is a growing, values-driven business with a senior leadership team who are very good at putting people first.