Temporary Office Assistant
We have registered a fantastic new opportunity at an established school in Oxford for a first-rate Office Assistant.
Our client is looking for a hardworking and determined candidate to assist the team on a temporary basis. If you have professional experience working in a busy business environment then this could be the ideal role for you!
Temporary Office Assistant Responsibilities
The type of responsibilities the role will cover includes (but not limited to):
- First point of contact for members of the public, parents and any other agencies, either in person or by phone
- Dealing with general telephone enquiries from members of the public, staff, parents and taking messages
- Dealing sensitively with confidential information, queries and complaints; to ask for the support of senior colleagues when appropriate.
- Perform general administrative duties such as data entry, word processing (letters, memos, contracts, reports, certificates, presentations and minutes of meetings), filing, scanning and processing documents and photocopying.
- Diary management, including arranging meetings and booking venues.
- Providing a range of hospitality, such as ensuring meeting rooms are prepared and stocked
- Receive, sort and process letters and emails
Temporary Office Assistant Requirements
- Competent in Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel, and willingness to learn new packages
- Exemplary standards of personal integrity, behaviour, professionalism, and discretion
- A clear understanding of the need to complete detailed work with a high standard
- Ability to work under pressure with competing priorities and meeting deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills: able to work and communicate effectively with varied groups of stakeholders: and good team working skills
- Methodical, systematic and careful approach to tasks, efficient and highly organised
- Able to adapt and implement change: a flexible approach to tasks and the working day
- Self-motivated, able to work on a varied workload
- A respectful approach to children and young people with SEND
- Commitment to safeguarding, and the welfare of children and young people
Supporting the CEO and their PA, you will share their charismatic and energetic approach. They are truly passionate about the services offered by the school, and you will be equally enthusiastic.
Our client is located in South Oxford (OX3), there is on-site parking available.
- Our client is a well-respected and well-established organisation within the education sector. The working culture is extremely hardworking, yet friendly and enjoyable.
- This role is full-time to work 35 hours per week. Start and finish times are flexible
- If you require reduced hours, this can be considered
- Parking is available on site – this is very rare for offices in South Oxford!
- PLEASE NOTE: Due to the nature of the role and organisation, it will be necessary to take out an enhanced DBS before you can start in the role, as well as an adult/child workforces check.