This incredible academic department is seeking some vital office-based project support, on an immediate temporary basis until 31st March 2022. If you’re a proactive and organised individual with a ‘can-do’ attitude, this could be the perfect role for you!
Please note, this is a temporary position paid on a weekly PAYE basis. The role will start immediately, so sadly candidates with a lengthy notice period cannot be considered.
This is also a full-time role so you must be immediately available to work a full working week.
Temporary Part-time Project Assistant Responsibilities
Reporting to the Research Manager, and supported by the PA, the main duty of the Temporary Part-time Project Assistant is to coordinate the reconfiguration of the office to provide more community space and a cohesive working environment for all who use it.
- Researching, collating and circulating appropriate data
- Providing reports to project stakeholders
- Scheduling, preparing agendas, minuting and following up on actions as appropriate during meetings.
- Maintaining project tracker and monitoring deadlines
- Explore funding opportunities, cost-effective removals/solutions for arrangements
- Other administration as required (e.g organising focus groups, furniture reallocation etc)
Temporary Part-time Project Assistant Experience
It is essential that you have the following:
- Educated to A-level or equivalent
- Excellent administrative skills with the ability to work independently, with minimum supervision, and a willingness to resolve situations, as well as knowing when to refer issues to others
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) including the ability to develop successful relationships with colleagues across the Department
- Good analytical skills including the ability to research and produce reports
- Ability to organise events and make administrative arrangements
- The ability to manage and prioritise a varied and busy workload and work to deadlines
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Evidence of tact and discretion in dealing with confidential or sensitive matters
You will also ideally be experienced within Higher Education, though this is not essential.
Temporary Part-time Project Assistant Rewards
Alongside a competitive hourly rate, the Temporary Part-time Project Assistant will receive the following benefits:
- Holiday pay
- Valuable experience in a highly regarded institution.
Our client is based in lovely offices in Oxford city centre (OX1). Due to the location, there is no parking available onsite however it is close to public transport links.
This prestigious educational institution has a quality-focused approach and they are looking for the ideal temporary worker to embrace their ethos.