Conference & Events Manager (2-year FTC)
We have an exciting new opportunity to support a partnership program on a 2-year Fixed Term Contract. Leading the implementation of the events strategy for the program, you will be responsible for organising the annual residential conference and execute in person & virtual convenings that advance the program's principles and objectives.
- £40k - 45k per year
- Oxford, Oxfordshire, England
- Work Type:
Conference & Events Manager
We have an exciting new opportunity to support a partnership program on a 2-year Fixed Term Contract. Leading the implementation of the events strategy for the program, you will be responsible for organising the annual residential conference and execute in person & virtual convenings that advance the program’s principles and objectives.
Conference & Events Manager Responsibilities
Your main duties will include:
- Collaborate with the wider team on a detailed run-of-show, and staffing plan for the residential conference
- Oversee all event preparation, including travel, accommodation, visas and bookings
- Coordinate budget planning and negotiate contracts
- Source external vendors and coordinate staffing needs
- Act as the point of contact for vendors to ensure successful installations
- Ensure smooth and effective A/V logistics throughout the event
- Source and distribute additional materials needed for each event
Conference & Events Manager Rewards
Alongside a competitive salary are some great benefits including:
- 30 days annual holiday plus Bank Holidays.
- Private Medical Insurance scheme.
- Pension scheme
A not-for-profit organisation and a fantastic place to work.
Conference & Events Manager Requirements
- Significant experience of event management and working with high-profile events
- Drive and enthusiasm to work in the nonprofit sector
- Experience of building relationships across international cultures
- Existing vendor relationships as well as the ability to source and nurture new vendor and partner relationships
- Excellent administrative, organisation, and time management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced setting, managing multiple projects, with high attention to detail
Based in Central Oxford, this is a hybrid working opportunity, with 1-2 days per week required in the office. This role is full-time, working 37.5 hours per week and will have different hours and different work patterns depending on the needs of the role and selection activity. There may also be occasional travel required.
Please note there is no free parking available for this location, but there are excellent transport links nearby.
If you would like to find out more about this excellent opportunity, then please apply online today! We aim to respond to all applications within 48 hours.
Allen Associates is a leading recruitment company in Oxfordshire recruiting for Marketing, Finance, Human Resources and PA/Administrative roles. Allen Associates operates as an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and an Employment Business for temporary recruitment. For more information on current vacancies please visit www.allen-associates.co.uk and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook. For our latest vacancies follow our Jobs on Twitter