10 Twitter accounts all financial professionals should follow
Keeping up to date with the latest business, financial and economic news is a must in today's economy, even more so with breaking Brexit and financial news coming our way what seems to be every minute.
Utilising social media sites such as Twitter, will allow us to receive 'you heard it here first' news. So, what Twitter accounts are the best ones to follow to ensure we're kept in the loop with the latest financial news. We’ve compiled our top 10 Twitter accounts all finance professionals should follow to ensure you're always up to date with the latest news and trends across the sector.
1. City AM - @CityAM - 50K followers. City AM is a free newspaper and news site with a heavy focus in finance and business news. Although the physical copy of the paper is only available in London, the online site is a must-read for the latest news coming from The City and beyond.
3. Financial Times - @FinancialTimes - 6M followers. Reporting on global finance news, the Financial Times has been the stalwart of the finance press since time immemorial. While the website may be hidden behind a pay wall, their Tweets give you the key headlines of the top finance and business stories of the day. Interestingly, the number of digital downloads from the FT’s website have increased ten-fold since Brexit to 650,000.
4. Market Mogul - @The_MarketMogul – 6,900 followers. Market Mogul say their aim is to transform how we all think about finance, politics and world economy, explored by articles from their global newsroom and they do a pretty good job of it, too. Posting insightful financial articles, news and information daily to their nearly 7,000 Twitter followers, Market Mogul boast more than 3,000 industry contributors in their global newsroom and represent more than 35 countries.
5. Reuters - @ReutersMoney - 34K followers. For those of you working in wealth management, this is perhaps the most focused and most referenced social account for this specialism. But then this Reuters, so it should come as no surprise really. Consider following the main @ReutersBiz account too, for a wider range of business-related news published in real time.
6. Yahoo! Finance UK - @YahooFinanceUK – 13K followers. Yahoo! Finance UK pride themselves on its up-to-date news, portfolio management resources, international market data and their social media interaction.
7. Fintech Times - @TheFintechTimes – 2.3K followers. The world's first and only newspaper dedicated to Fintech, (financial technology). Published monthly, Fintech 'explores the explosive world of financial technology, blending first hand insight, opinion and expertise with observational journalism to provide a balanced and comprehensive perspective of this rapidly evolving industry.' They do it rather well, too.
8. Ed Conway - @EdConwaySky - 83K followers. Ed Conway, the economist editor of Sky News, has an impressive 82.5K Twitter followers and tweets several times a day. Ed Conway is the former Economics Correspondence for the Daily Mail and Economics Editor at the Daily Telegraph and The Sunday Telegraph - he certainly knows this stuff!
9. Kamal Ahmed - @BBCkamal - 79K followers. Current Economics Editor for BBC News, Kamal Ahmed tweets several times daily keeping them up to date with the latest economic, financial and business news.